To help you navigate our services while we work to restore our website to full functionality, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions.
Additionally, you can contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.
What's not available
- tpl.ca and online personal accounts
- Public computers
- tpl:map passes
- Some digital collections, including Cantook Station, LinkedIn Learning and O'Reilly Learning
- Placing, suspending or managing holds
- Renewing library cards (but library cards won't expire during this time)
- Self-service hours at Swansea and Todmorden Room branches
Access available online services
Books, Movies, Magazines, Music and Newspapers
- Audio Drama: The L.A. Theatre Works Collection
- BBC Literary Adaptations in Video
- National Theatre Collection
- Naxos Music Library (Classical)
- Naxos Music Library (Jazz)
- Naxos Music Library (World)
- OverDrive eBooks, Audiobooks and Magazines
- After accessing PressReader through the above link, sign in to your PressReader account or create an account. From then on, visit pressreader.com directly and sign in into your PressReader account until access expires (typically every 30 days).
- Includes the Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Wall Street Journal and temporary access to the New York Times.
- The Royal Shakespeare Company Collection
- Theatre in Video
Databases, Research and eLearning
- Academic OneFile
- Biography in Context
- Britannica Library Edition
- Business Source Complete
- Canada in Context
- Canadiana Héritage
- Canadiana Online
- Canadian Business and Current Affairs (CBCA)
- Canadian Newsstream
- Canadian Periodical Index (CPI.Q)
- CBC Corner
- Consumer Reports
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Encyclopaedia Universalis (French)
- Fold3 Library Edition
- Gale Courses
- Gale Directory Library
- Gale eBooks
- Gale Literature
- Gale OneFile: News
- Globe and Mail Historical Newspaper Archive
- HeritageQuest Online
- Mango Languages
- New users should choose Use Mango as a Guest.
- NoveList Plus
- NoveList K-8 Plus
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Select the profile icon, then "Sign in with library card."
- Enter 'Toronto Public Library' and your card number.
- Oxford Reference eBooks
- Select "Sign in with your library card", not "Sign in via your institution."
- Performance Design Archive Online
- Road to IELTS Academic
- Road to IELTS General Training
- Sage Video
- Search for "Toronto Public Library (Canada)" then select "Barcode/Library card#".
- Enter your library card number.
- Scott's Business Directories Online
- Tense Buster
- Theatre in Context Collection
- Toronto Star Historical Newspaper Archive
- Value Line
Register for upcoming Live & Online programs and watch past TPL events on demand:
- TPL Culture on Crowdcast
- TPL Programs on Crowdcast
- TPL Teens on Crowdcast
- TPL Kids on Crowdcast
- TPL Innovation on Crowdcast
- TPL on YouTube
- TPL Teens on YouTube
Listen to TPL podcasts:
For questions about library service: