Young Voices Online Submissions
- Submit art, photos, comics, stories, poems and other creative writing…
- Toronto Public Library has one-time print and electronic rights to all work, as well as the right to excerpt from the work, both online and in print, for purposes of promotion.
- Written submissions will be selected from each of the following age categories: 12–14; 15–16; 17–19.
- Related pieces (i.e. artwork submitted in conjunction with writing) may not be considered together.
Who Can Submit
Teens 12 to 19 years old who live, work or go to school in Toronto.
What Can Be Submitted
You can submit two pieces each year:
- One piece of writing per person
- One visual piece per person, either a piece of artwork OR a photograph OR one single-page comic
poems, stories, rants, reviews...
- 1,000 words maximum
- Typed entries preferred, but not required
- 8 ½”x 11” preferred
- Black and white artwork only
Photography & Digital Art:
- High resolution (300 dpi) for electronic submissions, minimum 2400 pixels wide and maximum 3000 pixels high
- Black and white photographs only
- 8 ½”x 11”, one page maximum
Submission deadline: April 7, 2020
- Editorial teams meet to make selections during spring each year
- Contributors whose work is selected to be published will be contacted during June
- Only those with work to be published will be contacted
- Young Voices magazine is published once every year in October
Questions? Email us at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the form below to submit your work online.
To submit your work in person, print a submission form (PDF) and drop it off at any branch.