Top 10: Lawrence and Bathurst Eats
Teen volunteers in the Barbara Frum Youth Advisory Group really know their neighbourhood – and they know good food with great value. They've rounded up their top ten places to go if you're in the area.
- United Bakers (try the pea soup, fries, massive cookie!).
- Pizza Hut (a Ledbury Park School prime spot).
- Gryfe’s Bagel Bakery (Can’t go wrong with $0.75 bagels).
- Rainbow Sushi (delicious and inexpensive).
- Lollicakes (Cute cakes and pastries).
- Bubby’s Bagels (Fresh bagels with great selection).
- The Inside Scoop ice cream shop (cute, quaint shop for creamy goodness).
- Chat One (Milk tea store that doesn’t disappoint).
- A restaurant called Food Trip is a short distance away at Wilson and Bathurst and serves great Filipino food.
- Dr. Laffa Restaurant, featured on Food Network’s You Gotta Eat Here, for Middle Eastern Food (try the Chicken Schnitzel).
The Barbara Frum Branch is located near Lawrence Ave. West and Bathurst Street. In addition to a volunteer Youth Advisory Group, the branch has an after school Youth Hub where teens can hang out and have a snack, get help with homework or use laptops and gaming equipment. There are fun and interesting programs and workshops for teens and a teen area with a great selection of Young Adult (YA) books.
Next time you're in the neighbourhood, be sure to stop by and say hi!