Virtually Explore TPL's Museum + Arts Pass (MAP) Program Partners
TPL's Museum + Arts Pass (MAP) program invites you to explore and experience Toronto's best music, film, theatre, dance and more – virtually!
We are shining a spotlight on all the ways you can interact with and experience our MAP venue partners from home.
Celebrating TPL's MAP Partners
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our venue partners, the MAP program, including Performing Arts Pass, is postponed until further notice. We'll post updates on our MAP page, so check back often.
You can virtually visit a museum, watch a performance, learn about Toronto's cultural history, and much more online. Explore all these essential and beloved cultural destinations and historic Toronto landmarks through online experiences.
The MAP program is made possible this year thanks to the generous support of The Bennett Family Foundation.
Click to jump ahead to the category or venue you'd like to learn more about, or explore them all!
Explore online experiences offered from home.
- Aga Khan Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)
- Bata Shoe Museum
- Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Gardiner Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada (MOCA)
- Ontario Science Centre
- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
- Textile Museum of Canada
- Toronto History Museums
- Toronto Zoo
Discover films, music, performances, conversations and more online experiences.
- Canadian Stage
- Factory Theatre
- Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema
- The Royal Conservatory of Music
- TIFF Bell Lightbox
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Aga Khan Museum | Explore the arts of Muslim civilizations through exhibitions, workshops, and live arts performances.
- #MuseumWithoutWalls - Enjoy unique, exclusive arts and cultural experiences.
- Watch and listen - Expand your horizons with a world-class selection of music, dance, comedy and other performing arts.
- Tour the collections - See captivating art and artifacts from the Museum's Collection and temporary exhibitions.
Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) | With a collection of more than 80,000 works of art, the AGO is among the most distinguished art museums in North America.
- AGO from Home - The AGO brings the museum to you virtually!
- Online Collection - Browse the museum's broad range of artwork.
- Programs and Events - Talks, Performances, Youth Events, Artist Spotlights, Weekly Wednesday Conversations and more.
- Learn and Make - Resources and activities for parents and teachers.
Bata Shoe Museum | An international collection of over 13,000 shoe-related artifacts from every corner of the globe.
- Unboxing The BSM - Discover the museum's extraordinary collection with its new YouTube series.
- Puzzlemania! - How quickly can you solve the jigsaw puzzles?
- Online Exhibitions - All About Shoes features stories and artifacts based on the museum’s existing collection, and On Canadian Ground is a bilingual exhibition that will take you on a virtual walk through history!
- Standing TALL: The Curious History of Men in Heels - Explore a virtual version of the exhibition with Google Arts & Culture.
- Colour the World at Your Feet - Colouring sheets inspired by the Museum's Collection.
Black Creek Pioneer Village | A tribute to the Toronto area's pioneering roots, take a trip back in time to 1860 and see what life was like.
- Explore Exhibits - Immerse yourself in the 19th century with Black Creek’s newest online exhibits.
- Create Your Own Exhibit - As curator of your exhibit, you will discover what collections you already have at home, and learn how to share the stories they can tell!
- Learn History Online - Discover self-contained online learning lessons Black Creek Pioneer Village’s new History at Home series.
- Get Hands-On at Home - Get crafty with family-friendly Black Creek Pioneer Village favourites, based on heritage trades and crafts.
- Watch Videos - A YouTube playlist with a collection of fun videos highlighting many different aspects of life at the Village.
Gardiner Museum | Among the few museums in the world focused on ceramics, with a permanent collection made up of approximately 4,000 objects.
- Explore Collections and Research - Browse the museum's collection online, including European Porcelain and contemporary ceramics.
- Family Activities - Enjoy kid-friendly resources and art activities that you can do at home.
- Programs and Events - Join the museum for special exhibition programs, lectures and panels, art parties, and more!
- Clay Videos - Explore the museum's YouTube channel with videos and playlists about Artists & Exhibitions, The Museum Collection, Kids Activities and more.
Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada (MOCA) | MOCA Toronto features work by world-renowned Canadian and international artists exploring the themes of our time.
- Shift Key - A rotating platform of moving-image artworks by Canadian and international artists to watch online for free for a two-week period.
- MOCA Online Archives - Watch talks, interviews with artists and more.
- Learn at Home - Get inspired with activities and lessons on arts, crafts, stop-motion and more.
- Virtual Visit - Take a look inside MOCA Toronto.
- Watch Videos - Explore the museum's curated playlists on its YouTube channel.
Ontario Science Centre | Home to fascinating interactive experiences about science and technology.
- Science at Home - Explore online educational activities, learning resources and other do-it-yourself science fun.
- Ask a Scientist - Connect with Ontario Science Centre hosts and educators in real-time. Interact with them through Facebook Live events or catch them later by watching recordings from past events.
- Films at Home - From dinos to mummies, and oceans to musical history, enjoy free educational films that are suitable for the whole family!
- Watch Videos - Fun and educational talks, experiments, instructional videos and curated YouTube playlists.
Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) | Choose from 30 galleries including gems and minerals, Canada's First Peoples, ancient cultures and textiles and fashion.
- ROM Collections - Search and discover the museum's vast collection of over 48,000 online objects, including Arts & Culture, Natural History, Collection Highlights and more.
- ROM Storytime - Read-along with children’s storybooks for young learners on Tuesdays at 11 am plus a live Q&A on how the stories connect to ROM objects and a story-inspired creative activity.
- ROM Around You: YOUseum - Explore art, culture and nature with ROM Teacher Julie Tomé as she shares a new theme every Monday at 11 am.
- Uncover // Recover - A virtual exhibition celebrating Indigenous peoples’ creative legacy, past, present and future.
- Activities and Resources - resources to engage with the ROM’s collections
- Virtual Visit - Explore and enjoy extraordinary experiences of science and civilization at the Museum online with Google Arts and Culture.
- Watch Videos - Explore videos and curated playlists on the museum's YouTube channel.
Textile Museum of Canada | The Textile Museum of Canada's permanent collection celebrates cultural diversity and includes fabrics, garments, carpets, beadwork and basketry.
- ᖃᓪᓗᓈᖅᑕᐃᑦ ᓯᑯᓯᓛᕐᒥᑦ Printed Textiles from Kinngait Studios - Discover the story of a group of Inuit artists and printmakers who produced a collection of graphic textiles in the 1950s and 60's. Take a virtual tour of the exhibition and download a digital interactive app.
- Explore the Collection - Access 15,000+ objects from over 200 regions of the world, 24 hours a day in the museum's online collection.
- Online Programs - Upcoming exhibitions and events, and archives of past exhibitions dating back to 1989.
- Narrative Threads - Combining curated objects from Museums across Canada and user-submitted objects, Narrative Threads is a space for Canadians from all walks of life to share what is important to them – their traditions, their stories and personal histories.
- Learn About Textiles - Discover public programs, education guides, online resources and how to care for your own textiles.
- Mask-making Webinars - Resources and material and pattern options to help you make masks using materials you have on hand.
Toronto History Museums | Take in Toronto's story and stunning scenery at one of nine City-owned and operated history museums. Explore how Torontonians lived in the past.
- Colborne Lodge in High Park | Explore 19th-century innovation, city building, science, and technology exemplified by Toronto's first architect.
- Fort York National Historic Site | A 43-acre archaeological site, home to Canada's largest collection of original War of 1812 buildings and an award-winning visitor centre with exhibits and interactive experiences.
- Gibson House Museum | This 1851 Georgian-style farmhouse was the home of Toronto's first land surveyor who helped map early Toronto.
- Mackenzie House | The last home of Toronto's first Mayor interprets urban Victorian life of the 1860s.
- Market Gallery | This second-floor gallery at the South St. Lawrence Market presents exhibits related to Toronto's art, culture and history.
- Montgomery's Inn | A landmark in Etobicoke for over 180 years, the museum continues to extend the tradition of hospitality as a public museum.
- Scarborough Museum | Located in Thomson Memorial Park, the museum offers a rare glimpse into the life of early 19th-century settlers.
- Spadina Museum: Historic House and Gardens | Toronto's Downton Abbey is the only museum in the city representing the 1920s and 30s.
- Todmorden Mills Heritage Site | Set in the Don Valley, the site explores the history of Toronto's industrial growth.
- Virtual Exhibits - Browse through virtual exhibits highlighting the City's history, its decorative arts, and watercolours of a prominent Torontonian.
Toronto Zoo | The Toronto Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the world with over 700 acres and more than 5,000 animals representing 450 species.Performing Arts Pass venue partners
- Zoo to You - Discover all the ways you can explore the Zoo from home, including live events, videos, parent and educator resources, and more.
- #BabyLongLegs Toronto Star live stream - A daily YouTube look at Amani Innis Dagg, a Masai giraffe calf born May 12, 2020, and her mom, Mstari.
- Wild For Life podcast - Listen to hear behind-the-scenes information on the critical conservation work that protects endangered species and works to preserve biodiversity.
- Watch Videos - Explore amazing animal videos and curated playlists on the Zoo's YouTube channel.
- Zoo School to You - Fascinating video lessons and educational learning resources.
- Scenic Safari - Take a tour around the Zoo from the comfort of your own car and learn about animals along the way. (not online)
Canadian Stage | Produces and presents contemporary performances with a multidisciplinary focus, integrating theatre, dance, film, music, multimedia and more.
- CS Grid - Explore Canadian Stage’s digital platform through socially-engaged writings, conversations, and artworks.
- Classroom - A 5-week series of free online masterclasses and discussions about today's shifting approaches and opportunities for live performance makers.
- Watch and Listen - Discover online videos of past Classroom sessions and podcast episodes, and find even more videos on Canadian Stage's YouTube channel.
Factory Theatre | Showcases stories from artists from across Canada in an historic Toronto theatre.
- Celebrate Canadian Theatre - The 2019/2020 season marks Factory’s 50th Anniversary!
- What's On - Learn all about the performances, playwrights, directors and casts.
- Watch Videos - Explore videos and curated playlists on the Factory Theatre's YouTube channel.
Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema | A year-round home for new documentaries, filmmaker retrospectives, and special events.
- Hot Docs at Home - Check out all the films that you can watch at home.
- Hot Docs Festival at Home - See what films are streaming!
- Hot Docs Collection Picks - A list of Festival and Cinema favourites, hand picked by Hot Docs staff, and ready to stream.
- Docs For Schools at Home - A curated collection of free, online documentary films for middle and high school–aged students that show our world in inspiring and informative ways.
- Big Ideas and Live Events - Watch recorded video of live Q&As during Hot Docs Festival Online.
- Publications - Access to studies, publications, tools and guides to help filmmakers gain insight into the industry.
The Royal Conservatory of Music | Enjoy performances by international classical, jazz, pop, and world music stars, as well as The Conservatory's world-renowned students and faculty.
- Live From Koerner Hall Concert Livestream - Enjoy livestreams and online videos of past performances.
- Learning - Online resources including books, digital courses and apps.
- Learning Through the Arts - Explore RCM's Indigenous Programs for youth, at-home activities for parents and teachers, professional development opportunities and resources for educators in teaching about Canada’s First Nations and more.
- Koerner Hall’s 2020-21 Concert Season - Highlights of the 100+ concerts and events announced for RCM's 2020-21 season.
Tafelmusik | One of the world's leading period ensembles, steeped in the historical traditions of the baroque and classical eras.
- Tafelmusik at Home - An online concert series hosted by Tafelmusik musicians from their homes and live Q&A sessions with featured musicians.
- Tafel Magazine - Read the first issue of Tafelmusik's new magazine.
- Watch and Listen - Enjoy videos of onstage performances, events, and behind the scenes conversations.
- Breaking Baroque Blog - Musicians, guest artists, and staff writing about Tafelmusik and baroque music.
TIFF Bell Lightbox | Presents the best of international and Canadian cinema and creates transformational experiences for film lovers of all ages and backgrounds.
- digital TIFF Bell Lightbox - New releases, hand-picked classics, and exclusive talks with some of the biggest names in film — digital TIFF Bell Lightbox brings everything you love about TIFF to your home.
- Stay-at-Home Cinema - Share the magic of filmgoing together while we watch from home.
- TIFF Originals - A collection of original content on YouTube featuring exclusive talks, Q&As and more!
- The Higher Learning Digital Resource Hub - Watch past events including lectures, master classes, panel discussions and post-screen conversations.
- Film Reference Library - Search the collections, exhibitions, film and archival materials.
Toronto Symphony Orchestra | Plays a vital role in the city's dynamic cultural life, and is committed to serving local and national communities through vibrant performances and expansive educational activities.
- Watch and Listen - Enjoy archived performances, musician interviews and other engaging TSO videos.
- Canada Mosaic - TSO's free digital learning platform with streamed TSO performances, listening and study guides, and other interactive educational resources.
- Community Resources - Fun videos and activities for young people.