Free Science Events in Toronto for May 2013
The Science and Technology Department of North York Central Library compiles a monthly calendar of free science and applied science events in Toronto. Applied science includes health, gardening, pets and food; all subjects found in the department's collection. Here is the May calendar.
This month's highlights include:
- May 3: Scientific Day, an annual event to showcase the best in biomedical engineering student research. The event is comprised of poster sessions, oral presentations and keynote speeches.
- May 8: Healthy Eating + Physical Activity = Cancer Prevention?, a discussion looking at the current information on cancer prevention, fitness and diet.
- May 10: Stem Cells: From Hype to Hope?, a lecture about stem cell research.
- May 11: Science Rendezvous, an annual science festival with various events across the city.
The Toronto Public Library also offers many free science and applied science events:
Some highlights for this month are:
- May 11: Science Rendezvous, an annual science festival with various events at library branches.