Build Connections and Celebrate Library Settlement Partnerships (LSP) at Toronto Public Library
This year’s LSP Week theme, “Build Connections,” recognizes the need to rebuild personal connections following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on communities. This celebration coincides with Ontario Public Library Week (October 16-20) and builds on its theme “Libraries for Life.” A variety of events celebrating LSP will take place, including:
- A concert featuring the Toronto Si-Zhu Chinese Music Ensemble at Toronto Reference Library on Thursday, October 12, 1:30-3:30 pm.
- An opportunity for youth to connect and learn about community resources at Thorncliffe branch on Thursday, October 12, 4-5 pm.
- A community information fair at Richview branch on Saturday, October 21, 1-3 pm.
About Library Settlement Partnerships (LSP)
Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, LSP enables settlement agencies to work within Toronto Public Library to provide information, referrals and group activities for newcomers. All participating branches serve communities with high immigrant populations. In 2022, Toronto Public Library’s LSP program served more than 32,200 newcomers.
The LSP Program started at Toronto Public Library in 2007 and has since expanded across the province. Toronto Public Library is the largest participating library system with LSP programs and services offered at 15 branches. Participating settlement agencies include:
- Catholic Crosscultural Services
- Centre for Immigrant and Community Services
- CultureLink Settlement and Community Services
- Kababayan Multicultural Centre
- Rexdale Women’s Centre
- TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization
- YMCA Newcomer Information Centre
About Toronto Public Library
Toronto Public Library is the world's busiest urban public library system, with more than 46 million annual visits to our branches and online. We empower Torontonians to thrive in the digital age and knowledge economy through easy access to technology, lifelong learning, and diverse cultural and leisure experiences, where, when and how our customers need us.