Let’s Build Connections! Celebrating Library Settlement Partnerships
This October, Toronto Public Library (TPL) and settlement agency partners celebrate 16 years of Library Settlement Partnerships (LSP). LSP expands TPL's newcomer services by offering settlement support with multilingual workers from seven local settlement agencies at 15 library locations.
From October 10-21, celebrate LSP Week with us. This annual celebration, which coincides with Ontario Public Library Week, recognizes successful partnerships between libraries and settlement agency partners. This year's theme is "Build Connections," highlighting need to rebuild personal and social connections following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our communities.
Library branches across the city are hosting a variety of in-person events to celebrate LSP Week, including:
- A concert featuring the Toronto Si-Zhu Chinese Music Ensemble at Toronto Reference Library on Thursday, October 12, 1:30-3:30 pm
- An opportunity for youth to connect and learn about community resources at Thorncliffe Branch on Thursday, October 12, 4-5 pm
- A community information fair at Agincourt Branch on Thursday, October 19, 3-5:30 pm
Everyone is welcome to attend. We look forward to seeing you there!
Learn more about previous years' LSP celebrations:
- 2022: Health and Well-Being
- 2021: We Belong
- 2019: Thankfulness
- 2018: LSP's 10th Anniversary
- 2017: Celebration 150+
- 2016: Dance from Around the World
- 2015: Music from Around the World
- 2014: Food from Around the World
Library Settlement Partnerships (LSP) is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).