Turn your small business dreams into reality with Business Inc.! The deadline has been extended to April 11, 2014!
Image from: www.companycapitalinc.com/
Starting a business is both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you intend on starting a business within the next six months, or would like to accelerate the growth of an early-stage business. Business Inc. could be just what you need to boost your plans.
Business Inc. is an 8 week business program offered at Toronto Public Library in partnership with the Toronto Business Development Centre and the City of Toronto. The program is taught by a certified business advisor. The modules are as follows
- Week 1 - Taking the leap to entrepreneurship
- Week 2 - Market research for your business
- Week 3 - Resources for researching your business
- Week 4 - Developing a powerful marketing strategy
- Week 5 - Creating an operating framework for success
- Week 6 - Building blocks for financial management
- Week 7 - Financing for business growth
- Week 8 - Making your pitch
Upon completion of the program you will receive a Business Seminar Series Certificate of Completion.
There will be 3 locations offering the program, enrolment is limited to 20 participants per location. The participating branches will have orientation prior to the program for more information. North York Central Library will have it's orientation tonight - Monday, March 10 from 6:30 - 8 pm.
Applications are available online as well as at the branches where the program is being offered, they are due by
Friday, April 11, 2013 (the deadline has been extended originally it was Friday, April 4, 2014)
The applications will be reviewed for:
- attendance at the orientation session
- Demonstrated intent to start a new business within a six-month period or accelerate the growth of an early-stage business
- opportunity for business growth
- a potentially viable business idea.
The program dates and details are as follows:
Agincourt Branch - Thursdays, April 24 - June 12, 6:30 - 9:30 pm
North York Central LIbrary - Mondays, April 28 to June 23 (May 19 is a holiday), 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Bloor/Gladstone Branch - Wednesdays, April 23 to June 11, 6:30 - 9:30 pm
During the program you will have the opportunity to: prepare/update your business plan, access a business advisor and network with other entrepreneurs and you can leverage expertise from your certified business advisor.
For help with your business plan you can look at sample business plans using the Gale Virtual Reference Library Business Plans Handbook. You can access this database online from the library website with your library card and pin. Once you're in the database, click on Business (left hand side) and then click on Business Plans Handbook
For more help with writing your business plan try these online resources: