New! Access The Wall Street Journal online with your library card
Looking for in-depth, up-to-date business and finance news? You're in luck! The digital edition of the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is now available, in English, Chinese and Japanese, with your library card or Digital Access Card.
How to get it
There are two ways you can access the Wall Street Journal: on a library computer in a branch, and on your own computer, tablet or phone.
On a library computer
The WSJ is always available on library computers in branches, with no login required. You can find it under “Articles and Online Resources” on any library computer’s start page. Or open a web browser and go to tpl.ca/wsj (note: this address will only work on library computers).
On your own computer or device
To access the WSJ from a computer or mobile device:
- Go to tpl.ca and search for "Wall Street Journal". Select Access Online. You can also browse for the Journal on our Digital Newspapers page or our A-Z List of Databases.
- You'll be prompted to create an account with your name, email address, and password.
- Once you're done, you'll have unlimited access to the Journal for three days. When the three days are up, simply log in through the library website again, using the login credentials you created in step 2, for three more days of access — and so on.
When you're logged in to the WSJ, you can:
- Save articles and videos to your account to refer to later. Select the bookmark icon underneath the article's byline or at the bottom right of the video screen. To retrieve saved items, open "Saved Content" under "My Account".
- Share articles using the curved arrow button under the byline. Articles shared in this way won't be blocked by a paywall for the people you share them with.
- Access podcasts on business, money, technology, news and more.
- Create a stock watchlist to keep track of your investments. Select "Watchlist" under "My Account" to get started.
- Sign up for email newsletters on a variety of topics, including news roundups, networking opportunities and multi-week courses on fitness and investing, delivered to your inbox. Select "Newsletters & Alerts" in "My Account".
Note: WSJ apps are not included with library access — but the Journal's mobile site offers the same features and content as the apps.
Have you discovered any other useful features of your WSJ account? Let us know in the comments!
- Good News! Your library card now gives you access to NYTimes.com
- Read today's newspaper online with PressReader
- What's new in digital magazines