New: Renew Your Library Card Online
Good news: it's now possible to renew your library card through the TPL website.
Library cards expire every year, and until recently, you had to visit a library branch in person to renew your card.
Who can renew online
Online card renewal is available for adults and teens with standard TPL accounts.
Children and people with non-standard account types (temporary, non-resident, etc.) still have to renew their cards in person so we can verify account details.
If your address or name has changed, you will not be able to renew online. Please bring identification to a library branch to renew your card.
How to renew online
You can renew your card online starting 30 days before the card's expiry date and at any time after that, including after the expiry date has passed.
If you're eligible to renew online, you'll see an alert in your account with a link to start the renewal process.
Follow the steps to complete your online card renewal:
- Pay any outstanding fines on your account.
- Confirm your name and address.
- Provide an email address and telephone number if we don't already have them in your account.
Why do library cards expire?
Library cards expire every year so we can:
- Check that your contact information is current
- Confirm that you are still eligible for a library card
- Collect payment for any outstanding fines on your account
For help and more details about the card renewal policy, see the Online Card Renewal FAQ.