Good News: Your Library Card Now Gives You Access to NYTimes.com!
At the library, we want you to have access to all the news, all the time, when and where you want it. That's why we provide online access to:
- PressReader - 7, 000+ international newspapers and magazines including the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, the Washington Post and the Times of India
- RBDigital Magazines - Hundreds of major magazines, including the New Yorker, the Economist and the Atlantic
- Flipster eMagazines - Even more Canadian and U.S. magazines including Macleans, Toronto Life and Time
- OverDrive Magazines - Including New York Magazine, Newsweek, and Bloomberg Business Week
But we haven't had access to the juiciest plum in the North American daily journalism basket - until now. That's right: Twitter browsers, Facebook scrollers and news junkies of all types, rejoice - your library card now gives you free access to the New York Times online, at NYTimes.com!
Access includes all articles, the Book Review, the Cooking app (iOS only) and the Magazine (but not the crossword; this is not a perfect world).
How to access NYTimes.com:
- If you're using a library computer, you don't have to do anything at all - just go to nytimes.com and enjoy your free access!
- If you're using your own device:
- Go to tpl.ca/nytimes
- Log in with your library card number and PIN
- Create an account (select Other/Non-Academic User)
You'll get a 3-day pass that you can renew as many times as you like.
Need more info? Check our Getting Started Guide for complete instructions.
Enjoy all the news that's fit to print!