Learn Online with Lynda.com - Now Free for TPL Cardholders
The online learning platform Lynda.com is now available for free to Toronto Public Library customers. Lynda.com offers over 3,500 video tutorial courses led by industry experts on topics including:
- Computer programming and web and app development, from beginner to advanced levels
- Business software, marketing and communications, leadership and project management
- Graphic design, illustration, typography, logos and branding
- Multimedia, including photography, video and audio production and editing, animation, 3D modeling and game design
Creating an account
- Go to Toronto Public Library's Lynda.com page and select Access Online
- Sign in with your library card number* and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number)
* Note: a valid Toronto Public Library card is required.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address. Your personal account/profile will allow you to track your progress through your tutorials and manage your bookmarks and certificates of completion
Finding and taking courses
- Browse the library and choose a category such as Design, IT or Business
- Search for specific software or skills by typing term(s) in the search box
- Further filter courses by software version, skill level or topics
- Once you have found a course or video your're interested in watching, click on the title or thumbnail image
- The next time you visit Lynda.com, sign in with your library card number and PIN and resume learning where you left off
- If you complete an entire course, a certificate of completion will be automatically issued
Using Lynda.com on a mobile device
To use Lynda.com on your mobile phone or tablet, visit tpl.ca/lynda in the browser on your device and follow the steps outlined above.
The Lynda.com mobile apps are not available for use with the library version of the service.
Have fun learning!