Getting Started with EasyBusiness
EasyBusiness (formerly Kompass Business Directories) includes information on international companies, products and services, trade names and executives with access to over 44 million companies in 70 countries.
How to access EasyBusiness
- Go to tpl.ca and enter 'EasyBusiness' in the search box
- Click on Access Online under EasyBusiness
- Enter your library card number and PIN
New Search & Company Lists
- Click on 'New Search' to begin a company list
- Build lists of companies according to country, product or service, etc.
- Filter by “Location” for country or filter by “Activities” for product or service, etc.
- Click on the “Location” sub-filter for companies in a country (or, for cities, the sub-filter “City”)
- Click beside a country for smaller divisions—provinces in Canada; states and counties in the U.S. (cities for some European countries)
- Tick the box beside a country, etc. to select it
- Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the sub-filter window for the list of companies in the selected location(s)
- Click on the '+' icon to further filter this list of companies
- Click on the '+' icon to filter “Activities,” then sub-filter “Kompass classification” to filter by product or service
- Browse a classification for a product or service; or use the search window e.g. the words “solar panels” occur in several classifications
- Tick boxes in the “All,” “Producer,” “Distributor” and/or “Service” columns
- Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the sub-filter window for the previous list companies filter by the selected activities
- Click on the trash-can icon to remove all filters and start again
- Click on the X at the end of a filter line to remove one filter
Click on the name of a company for its profile. On the profile page, click on backwards or forwards arrows to view one profile at a time. Click on the magnifying glass to return to the list of companies.
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.