Getting Started with Naxos Music Library World
Naxos Music Library World is an online, streaming music library of traditional and contemporary music from 32,000 artists from 150 countries. It also includes the complete ARC Music and Smithsonian Folkways catalogues.
How to access Naxos Music Library World
- Go to the library'home page and enter Naxos Music Library World in the search box
- Click on Access Online under Naxos Music Library (World)
- Enter your library card number and PIN
Search by keyword(s) from album or track title, artist, geographic area or cultural group in the search box on the top right of the home page.
Use Advanced Search to restrict search terms to fields such as country/geographic area, cultural group, language, instrument, title, artist, performing group, composer, arranger, lyricist, label, genre and music categories. You can also combine these fields in an Advanced Search.
Browse by label, artist, composer, news & artists, cultural groups, geographic areas and curated playlists.
Labels. Includes renowned labels such as Smithsonian Folkways, Warner and ARC.
Geographic area. Browse geographic area on a map, by continent or select a specific country or alphabetically by name of country.
Listen to an album by:
- Select or click on the artist/title line in the search results
- Choose Select All on the album page
- Choose Play Selections
To listen to one or more tracks:
- Tick the box(es) next to the track(s)
- Choose Play Selections
To create a playlist:
- Click on the Playlists tab
- Select Sign up at the top right of the page
- Enter your name, email address and password
- An email confirmation message will be sent
- Activate your account by clicking on the email confirmation link
- Login under the Playlists section
- Search or browse for albums
- On the album page, select one or more tracks
- Select Add to Playlist
- In the window that pops up, create the playlist you want the track(s) to be on or give the location of a playlist you have already created
Download the free iOS or Android NML World app. Sign in using the email address and password you used in your Playlists account.
Note: An Internet connection is required to stream the content. Using cellular data is not recommended as streaming multimedia content can consumer a lot of bandwidth. Wi-Fi is available at all Toronto Public Library branches.
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.