Getting Started with Kompass Business Directories
Kompass Business Directories includes information on international companies, products and services, trade names and executives. With access to over 44 million companies in 70 countries.
How to access Kompass Business Directories
- Go to the library's home page and enter Kompass in the search box
- Click on Access Online under Kompass Business Directories
- Enter your library card number and PIN
New Search & Company Lists
- Click on to begin a company list
- Build lists of companies according to country, product or service, etc.
- then filter by “Location” for country or filter by “Activities” for product or service, etc.
- Click on the “Location” sub-filter for companies in a country (or, for cities, the sub-filter “City”)
- Click beside a country for smaller divisions—provinces in Canada; states and counties in the U.S. (cities for some European countries)
- Tick the box beside a country, etc. to select it
- Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the sub-filter window for the list of companies in the selected location(s)
- Click on to further filter this list of companies
- Click to filter “Activities,” then sub-filter “Kompass classification” to filter by product or service
- Browse a classification for a product or service; or use the search window e.g. the words “solar panels” occur in several classifications
- Tick boxes in the “All,” “Producer,” “Distributor” and/or “Service” columns
- Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the sub-filter window for the previous list companies filter by the selected activities
- Click on the trash-can icon to remove all filters and start again
- Click on the X at the end of a filter line to remove one filter
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.