Getting Started with Grant Connect
Grant Connect helps you find sources for funding charitable and non-profit ventures. It has 3,000+ Canadian grant-making foundations, 400+ corporations, government funding programs and U.S. foundations that support Canadian non-profits.
How to access Grant Connect
- Go to tpl.ca and enter 'Grant Connect' in the search box
- Click on Access Online under Grant Connect
- Enter your library card number and PIN
- Enter a Keyword or funder related to a charity’s work e.g. RBC Foundation and click the magnifying glass OR
- Find funders by cause using All Causes drop-down menu and select a cause e.g. Health and click the magnifying glass.
Note: All Regions limits results (Keyword or funder or All Causes) by a region. Select a province or territory from the dropdown menu under All Regions. You can further limit to a specific area within the province or territory by clicking on the down arrow and selecting the area e.g. Markham/York under Ontario.
- Click the magnifying glass again to begin your search.
Use the up arrow icon to select a filter on the left to target specific causes, population served, type of support, category or headquarters of the organization.
New results will refresh in the middle of the page.
You can sort results by funder’s next deadline or further refine by language or median gift.
Click on the name of an organization for the profile. The profile has the following possible tabs:
- About provides Mission/Philosophy, website, contact information, names of key officers and board members, phone numbers, gifts last year, median gift, median recipient size, financial data, amount of direct charitable activity, number of gifts, revenues and total gifts.
- Gift Analysis shows the names of recipients, the amount of the gift, the year provided and the charity size. Gift history can be filtered by year, causes or gift size.
- Programs provides information for some organizations, it shows the types of grants offered, eligible regions, eligible costs and application details.
Use the back arrow on your browser to go back to the list of results.
Use the print option from your browser to print funder information.
Use the back button to return to your search. Click Reset to clear the search. If you have selected a region remove the X beside the name e.g. Markham/York.
To request a list of funders in an accessible format, call or email Imagine Canada at [email protected] or 416-597-2293
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.