Getting Started with Canada in Context
Canada in Context includes full-text articles, videos, audio files, primary sources, interactive maps, and vetted websites on a broad range of topics, people, places and events from a Canadian perspective. The electronic resource is updated continuously.
How to access Canada in Context
- Go to the library's home page and enter Canada in context in the search box
- Click on Access Online under Canada in Context
- Enter your library card number and PIN
Topics pages are for frequently searched subjects and include an overview essay with background information. Click on Browse Topics to choose a category.
Start typing your keywords in the search box. There is a search assist feature which shows possible topics. If your keywords are already featured topic pages, they will be bold in the list of possible topics.
Advanced Search is useful when you have a lot of search results and want to narrow down the list with more limiting options. Click on Advanced Search under the basic keyword search box.
Advanced search allows you to refine a search by document title, publication title, author or subject. Use the Search Operators And, OR or NOT to connect your search terms.
Click a content type such as Academic Journals or Magazines. Results can be limited to full text documents. Further filter results and apply limits based on Date Published, Subjects, Publication Title, Document Type and more.
Topic Finder, when available, provides an option to see a visual representation of search results in a tile or wheel view by topic and subtopic.
Print, cite, download or share articles with these features.
Send To tool allows you to email a full-text article or export a document to Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
For citation , scroll down the page to the bottom of the article and select the Source Citation format: MLA, APA or Chicago.
Highlights and Notes
- Select the text and click or tap the Highlight tool to choose a colour. Add notes if desired
- To access Highlights and Notes during a current session, click or tap the Highlights and Notes icon from any page
- Ensure that Highlights and Notes are sent by email, downloaded or printed before closing your browser or they will be lost
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.