Getting Started with Tense Buster
Tense Buster offers interactive lessons, exercises, and practice tests to help improve English grammar. Courses cover key grammar areas at 5 levels, from articles at Elementary level through to phrasal verbs at Advanced level and includes tips to improve reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary and grammar.
- Go to tpl.ca and enter “Tense Buster ” in the search window.
- Click on Access Online under Tense Buster
- Enter your library card number and PIN
- Under Just practice, click Start to begin
Get started by choosing the grammar level: Elementary, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate or Advanced.
For each grammar unit within the level there is:
- The rule
- series of exercises
At the top of the page, click:
- Scoring to see how well you’ve done and view the correct answers
- Start again to re-do the exercise
- Previous to go back to the previous exercise or page
- Next to go to the next exercise or page
At the end of each unit there is a practice test.
To go back to one of the five levels, click on the icon at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Tense Buster is mobile friendly and works on a tablet through the browser.
- An optional personal ClarityEnglish account with an email address and password can be created to keep track and analyze your progress as well as compare how you are doing with others. You can download a certificate for the completed level.
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.