Getting Started with SAGE Journals
SAGE Journals offers full-text access from 1999 (dates of coverage vary) to over 900 peer-reviewed journals in the Health Sciences, Life & Biomedical Sciences, Materials Sciences & Engineering and Social Sciences & Humanities disciplines.
How to access SAGE Journals
- Go to the library's home page and enter “Sage Journals” in the search box
- Click on Access Online under SAGE Journals
- Enter your library card number and PIN
Use basic search for a keyword search in all parts of articles, including the abstract and text of the article.
- Use sort to change the default sort from relevance to date, most cited or most downloaded.
- Filter by Article Type, Publication Date, and Subject on the left of the results.
- Citations of articles not available through Toronto Public Library will be included in search results. To limit to articles available in full-text, select “Only content I have full access to” under Access on the search results page.
- Use Advanced Search to build a search using a combination of the following fields: title, author, keywords, abstract and affiliation. Use the keyword field to search by subject terms.
- The search can be further limited to a specific journal title and/or a specific date range.
- Keywords have not been assigned to all articles. To see the keywords associated with an article, open the article and select "Information, rights and permissions" in the toolbar between the title and the content.
Browse to find a list of journals on a specific subject.
- Browse journals by clicking on “All SAGE Journals.”
- Select a discipline then select a subject within that discipline. For example, select Life & Biomedical Sciences discipline and then the subject Cell Biology. This will create a list of journals on the selected subject.
- Select a journal title or cover image to browse within a journal. A description and further information about the selected journal is available.
- Browse by the most recent articles, the current issue, the most read or the most cited articles. Select All Issues to find a specific issue.
To create a personal account to save searches and create alerts.
- Select “Access/Profile” next to the Toronto Public Library logo (top right hand corner).
- Select Create Profile.
- Complete the form and verify your email account when prompted.
- Once signed into your account, select "Access/Profile" then 'View Profile" to see your alerts and saved searches.
For more information or for help, please contact our Answerline service.
Updated August 23, 2023