Getting Started with Learning Express Library
Learning Express Library is test-preparation and skills-improvement material (tutorials, practice tests and e-books), with learning plans, organized by the following “Centers”:
- Adult Core Skills - math, reading and writing, speaking and grammar for adults; prepare for U.S. citizenship exam
- Career Preparation - learn about careers, including job search and workplace skills; prepare for entrance and occupation exams for (e.g. cosmetology, firefighting and nursing)
- School Center - math, reading and writing for elementary, middle and high school students, including grammar, logic and reasoning, algebra, calculus, data analysis and probability, geometry, biology, chemistry, statistics, and trigonometry for high school students
- College Admissions Test -prepare for ACT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, SAT,THEA, TOEFL iBT exams and admission essays
- College Students - math, reading, writing, grammar and science for postsecondary students; prepare for graduate school admissions and college placement exams
- Citizenship, TOEIC®, and TOEFL® Center - prepare for Canadian citizenship exam and for TOEIC and TOEFL iBT exams
- GED® Test Prep Center - prepare for GED exams
NOTE: tutorials, practice tests and e-books may be accessed only if you are registered on Learning Express Library (see instructions below) and signed in.
How to access Learning Express Library
- Go to tpl.ca and enter Learning Express Library in the search box
- Click on Access Online under Learning Express Library
- Enter your library card number and PIN
Select any Center to see a category list.
Click on a topic within a category to see all the resources available.
Search for materials by entering a word or words—or part of a word—in the search box at the top of the page:
Specific additional information and guided study plans may be included on the resources page under “Learn More Guidance.” To access tutorials,
practice tests and e-books, click on
To register, click Register and fill in the required fields. If you do not want to enter your email, click I’d rather NOT register with my email.
You can also Sign In/Register on the home page at the top right of the page before you start browsing or searching.
For more information or for help, call Answerline at 416-393-7131.