On Stage with "The Normal Heart" - Theatre Arts Series Fall 2012
Please join us on Monday November 5, 7-8 pm and hear guest speaker Joel Greenberg, Artistic Director Studio 180 Theatre, and director of The Normal Heart (in association with Buddies in Bad Times Theatre), talk about the play and the production.
The Normal Heart by Larry Kramer was selected as one of the 100 greatest plays of the twentieth century by the Royal National Theatre of Great Britain.
This is the first in our program on current Toronto theatre - On Stage Theatre Arts Series - five lectures from five theatres. They are all being held free of charge at the Toronto Reference Library - Beeton Auditorium.
- “The Normal Heart” with guest speaker Joel Greenberg, Director and Artistic Director, Studio 180 Theatre on Monday, November 5, 7 - 8 pm.
- "The Little Years" with guest speakers John Mighton,playwright, and Erin Brubacher, Director of Education and Outreach at Tarragon on Monday, November 12, 7-8 pm.
- "The Arsonists" by Max Frisch, directed by Morris Panych of Canadian Stage "Celebrating 25 years". With guest speaker Charlotte Dean, Costume Designer of The Arsonists, on Monday, November 26, 7-8 pm.
- "Shakespeare's Nigga" by Joseph Jomo Pierre, directed by Philip Akin, Obsidian Theatre Company in association with Theatre Passe Muraille and 3D Atomic. With guest speaker Philip Akin, Artistic Director, Obsidian Theatre Company on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 7 - 8 p.m.
- "The Penelopiad" By Margaret Atwood, directed by Kelly Thornton Nightwood Theatre, Theatre for everyone. Made by women. With guest speaker Kelly Thornton, Artistic Director, Nightwood Theatre, Director of "The Penelopiad" on Monday, December 10, 7 - 8 pm.
- an audition board of current plays and also extensive collection of monologues
- plays from across Canada in English and French and plays from around the world
- theatrical reviews
- clipping files on Canadian performances and organizers
- theatre programs from local theatre companies - both current and historical collections
- index to Canadian theatre productions
- original stage designs by major Canadian artists
- sound recordings of stage dialects, plays and comedies
- music scores - popular, classical, theatre and by instrument
- online literary criticism you can access from home or in a library branch