1) Check your email--we've drawn the prize winners for the August 3 - August 9 period and sent emails to the winners.
2) A few more things about the prize draws and related stuff that we've had questions about in comments or emails:
- Because of all the "YOU HAVE WON A PRIZE"-type spam emails that go out, be sure to check your spam email folder in case it caught our email. The subject line is always Prize Winner for TPL's Word Out! 2009 and the email comes from an address ending in torontopubliclibrary.ca
- The gift certificates are for a wide variety of things--book stores, music stores, etc.
- The final week's draws for the iPods are from the entire membership pool, not the commenter pool.
- The frequency of your commenting doesn't influence your chance of winning a prize within one week's draw. Making a comment / comments during the week gets you added to the pool of potential commenter winners for that week. Don't want to discourage anyone from commenting as much as they want as long as it's within the rules, but a couple of you have asked for clarification on this.
- Comments should be your own words. Please give credit to others if you're quoting their words! Don't need to get into high school essay land with proper bibliographic citation, just a courtesy thing.
- There is no Thing #6
- We definitely want a better comment system for next year where you can more easily indicate you're replying to someone else's comment. For now I suggest the @[commenter] shorthand that many of you are using.
- There's no Thing #8 either.
More details on prizes here.
Congratulations to the winners! If you didn't win a prize--there's another three weeks of prize drawings to go!