The Kobo Vox is one of the latest offerings of the many available eReader/Tablet devices. To access and read library materials through the Vox you must use the OverDrive app since, as an Android tablet, it does not currently support Adobe Digital Editions.
- Make sure your VOX is connected to a Wi Fi network
- Tap the Home icon
- Tap All Apps
- Tap Browser
- Navigate to OverDrive Media Console for Android™ Version 2.3 (http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/AndroidEULA.aspx)
- Agree to the terms at the bottom of the page - the download will start
- After the download is complete open the notifications bar by dragging down from the top, or tap the Menu icon and tap Notifications
- Tap on the Overdrive download (ODMediaConsoleSetup.apk) in order to install
- Tap Install
- Tap Open once the installation is complete
- Tap Close in the About OverDrive Media Console window
- OverDrive is installed in the All Apps section
Once you have the application installed you will have to register your OverDrive Media Console for Android. See Instructions for Registering your Device.
For more information on using OverDrive Media Console, please see the OverDrive Support Pages.
Date and Time Settings
Another important aspect of using this device is that users should ensure that they have set the proper time zone. When it is not set correctly, you may have problems opening ebooks since your device may report that new items have already expired.
To change the date and time:
- Tap the Home button
- Tap the All Apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Date & time
- Tap Set date
- Enter the current month, date, and year
- Tap Set to save your settings.
- Tap Select time zone
- Select the time zone youʼre currently in (GMT-5:00 EST)
- Tap Set time