magazine of teen writing and visual art
We're now accepting creative writing and artwork and photographs for Young Voices 2015 – Toronto Public Library's magazine of teen writing and visual art. The editors will look at submissions in the spring of 2015.
Deadline to submit: Tuesday April 7, 2015 Here's the submission form OR submit your work below.
- Write what you want! It can be a poem, story, essay ... whatever you like.
- Submit only your own original work.
- Toronto Public Library has one-time print and electronic rights to all work selected for publication, as well as the right to excerpt from the work for purposes of promotion.
- Written submissions will be selected from each of the following age categories:
- Artwork will not be categorized by age for the purposes of choosing what to publish.
*Note* Related work (i.e. artwork submitted in conjunction with writing) may not be considered together.
Who Can Enter?
Teens aged 12-19, who live or go to school in the city of Toronto.
You can enter two pieces each year:
- One piece of writing per person
- One visual piece per person, either a piece of artwork OR a photograph
Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. Black and white artwork only. Hand-drawn artwork only (i.e. no digitally created artwork). You will be required to submit your original artwork if your work is selected for publication.
Photographs: High resolutin for electronic submissions, minimum 2400 pixels wide and maximum 3000 pixels high. Black and white photographs only.
Written Work: 1,000 word maximum. Typed entries preferred, but not required.
How To Enter
- Fully complete the submission form, attach the form to your work and drop both items off at any library branch.
- Or submit your work below:
- Editorial teams meet to make selections during spring 2015
- Contributors whose work is selected to be published will be contacted during June 2015
- Only those with work to be published will be contacted
- Young Voices magazine is published once every year in October
Recent back issues of Young Voices: