We're now accepting creative writing and artwork and photographs for Young Voices 2014 – Toronto Public Library's magazine of teen writing and visual art. The editors will look at submissions in the spring of 2014.
Deadline to submit: April 5, 2014 Here's the submission form OR submit your work below.
- Write what you want! It can be a poem, story, essay ... whatever you like.
- Submit only your own original work.
- Toronto Public Library has one-time print and electronic rights to all work selected for publication, as well as the right to excerpt from the work for purposes of promotion.
- Written submissions will be selected from each of the following age categories:
- Artwork will not be categorized by age for the purposes of choosing what to publish.
Who Can Enter?
Teens aged 12-19, who live or go to school in the city of Toronto.
You can enter two pieces each year:
- One piece of writing per person
- One visual piece per person, either a piece of artwork OR a photograph
Artwork: One submission per person. Black and white, hand drawn artwork only, please. No digitally created artwork. If your work is selected for publication, you will be required to submit the original artwork.
Photographs: One submission per person. Submit high resolution, black and white photographs. (minimum 300 dpi)
Written Work: One submission per person. 1000 word maximum.
How To Enter
- Complete the submission form, attach the form to your work and drop both items off at any library branch.
- Or submit your work below:
Recent back issues of Young Voices: