We're now accepting creative writing and artwork and photographs for Young Voices 2013 – Toronto Public Library's magazine of teen writing and visual art. The editors will look at submissions in the spring of 2013.
Deadline to submit: April 6, 2013 - Deadline has past for this year. Thanks to everyone who submitted work for 2013! Missed the deadline? You can still submit, it will be considered for next year's publication.
- Write what you want! It can be a poem, story, essay ... whatever you like.
- Submit only your own original work.
- Submissions are not returned, so keep a copy of your work.
- Toronto Public Library has one-time print and electronic rights to all work selected for publication, as well as the right to excerpt from the work for purposes of promotion.
- Written submissions will be selected from each of the following age categories:
- Artwork will not be categorized by age for the purposes of choosing what to publish.
Who Can Enter?
Teens aged 12-19, who live or go to school in the city of Toronto.
What Can Be Entered?
You can enter two pieces each year:
- One piece of writing per person
- One visual piece per person, either a piece of artwork OR a photograph
Written Work: poems, stories, rants, reviews...
1000 words maximum
Typed entries preferred, but not required
8.5" x 11" preferred
Black and white, hand-drawn artwork only (no digitally created artwork, please)
Originals are preferred, but if you submit a copy you will be required to submit the original should your work be selected for publication.
4"x 6" preferred; 300 dpi resolution for electronic submissions
Black and white photographs only
How To Enter
- Complete the submission form.
- Attach the form to your work
- Drop your work off at any library branch.
- Or submit online.
Submission Deadline: April 6, 2013. Deadline has past for 2013.
Recent back issues of Young Voices:
More Back Issues of Young Voices: