What's On Wednesday is our guide to some of the Toronto Public Library programs for teens happening in the next seven days. Here are this week's highlights:
Thursday Deccember 18
- Christmas Bake Sale & Movie Night @ Brentwood branch, 4-6:30pm. Buy some yummy snacks to support the United Way, enjoy Christmas music and watch "The Grinch". Presented by the Brentwood Youth Advisory Group. Teens, adults and families welcomed!
- Carbide Tipped Pens @ Lillian H. Smith branch, 7-9pm. Eric Choi is the co-editor of Carbide Tipped Pens, a new anthology of hard science fiction. Eric will talk about the anthology's attempt to show the impact of science and technology on society, and about the editing process. The event will take place in the reading room of the Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Speculation and Fantasy, on the 3rd floor of the Lillian H. Smith branch.
Friday December 19
- Teen Talent Night @ Don Mills branch, 6-8pm. Do you sing, love to dance, do stand-up comedy, recite poetry or play an instrument? Do you have a unique talent? Showcase it at the Teen Talent Night. Or, just come and watch the show!
Saturday December 20
- Festive Holiday Green Screens for Families @ Fort York branch, 2-3:30pm. Use our green screen to take a family photo/video of the whole family!
- Duct Tape Greeting Cards @ Fairview branch, 2-4pm. Bring your friends and make greeting cards for the Holidays out of Duct Tape. Ages 12 and up.
- Cultural Celebration @ Morningside branch, 2-4pm. Come and join us for a fun-filled afternoon and learn about holiday celebrations in different cultures! Make gift boxes and greeting cards, take part in activities, and enjoy some light refreshments!
Monday, December 22
- 14A Crowd: Transformers, Age of Extinction @ Bloor/Gladstone branch, 4-6pm. Celebrate the holidays with the latest installment of the Transformers series! This film is for teens 13 and up.
Please note that all library branches will close at 1pm on Wednesday December 24th, and remain closed for December 25th and 26th. We will also be closed on Sunday, December 28th. We will be open regular hours on December 27th, 29th, and 30th. Happy holdiays!