Mark your calendar! Science Rendezvous is back at TPL and on May 12 we have expanded to more branches with Let's Talk Science volunteers doing programs for kids and families. "Science for the Inquisitive Mind" runs from 12 noon to 4 pm at Toronto Reference Library, bringing together scientists from U of T's Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics, the Ontario Genomics Institute, the Ontario Science Centre and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research. You'll get the goods on DNA, genomics, dark matter and the possibility of life on other worlds.
From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Science Rendezvous brings together universities, hospitals, libraries and many other organizations and institutions in this fabulous and unprecedented showcase of science and technological research.
Across Toronto, you will find hands-on demos, interactive exhibits, guided lab tours, and explosive experiments that will entertain and amaze people of all ages as Science Rendezvous engages with real scientists at the very front lines of research. Here's a list of all the venues:
- Elephant Thoughts Global Development Initiatives – at the University of Toronto St. George campus site!
- The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- Let’s Talk Science
- Mount Sinai Hospital – find them on the University of Toronto St. George campus site!
- Ontario Genomics Institute (OGI)
- Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR)
- Ontario Science Centre
- Ryerson University (at Dundas Square)
- Scientists in School
- Toronto Public Libraries
- Toronto Reference Library
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
- The University of Toronto St. George Campus
- The University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (at the Toronto Zoo)
- The University of Toronto Mississauga campus
- York University (at Markham Village)
- Youth Science Ontario
The programs are highly interactive and will inspire people of all ages with a passion for science – it’s where people and science meet!