If you're a regular visitor to the North York Central Library you've probably noticed some recent changes. The Library is undergoing a major renovation, a project that will be completed over the next few years. One change which has already taken place is the merger of the Business Department with the Science and Technology Department. The new Business, Science and Technology Department is located on the 4th Floor. When the renovation is complete, the department will provide more meeting and study space, including a designated work and meeting area for business start-ups.
Coming from the former Science and Technology Department, I've spent the past several weeks learning about the Business Department's great collections and online resources. Here are a few highlights:
- the Careers collection has books about jobs and careers, job searching, resumes, cover letters and job interviews
- the Directories collection has publications with information about industries, businesses and organizations
I've also been impressed with the range and depth of the Business collection in areas such as law, management and investing.
- CARDonline: Canadian advertising rates and media planning information for advertising, marketing, public relations and communications professionals.
- CPA Canada Handbook - Accounting & Assurance: accounting and auditing service guidelines
- LawSource: Canadian legislation, case law and commentaries
- MarketLine: industry trends, product development, international company and industry information
Here are some recent additions to the Business collection that have caught my eye: