North York Central Library renovation - service updates
November 24, 2016
Due to disruption caused by ongoing construction, the library will close for several weeks. The last day of service will be Sunday, December 4.
We will update this page shortly with more information about where to pick up holds and the availability of alternate library services during the closure period.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we move ahead with renovation plans.
The renovation will:
- Renew all public service areas featuring a re-designed floor layout where people can come together to learn, collaborate, and enjoy beautiful spaces that are free, welcoming, and fully accessible
- Create zoned areas for adults, teens and children including a new KidsStop early literacy centre, and a new middle childhood discovery pod
- Expand and refresh flexible program and meeting room spaces including the addition of a new program space at the main floor atrium for easy access to events for kids, teens, adults or seniors and premiere rental spaces
- Introduce a new digital innovation hub and creation space that offers access to digital media technologies including 3D printing, sound and video recording studios and fabrication suite
- Expand music rehearsal spaces
- Include increased space for group study and individual quiet study
- Provide enclosed and equipped spaces for collaborative ventures, including an enhanced Learning Centre for e-learning
- Create new stairway reading terraces, spacious light-filled reading lounges and a new inviting outdoor reading garden
For more information regarding North York Central renovation and updates please visit: tpl.ca/nycl