Huguenots were Protestant refugees who fled from religious persecution in France and the Low Countries to Britain and North America in the 17th century. This guide focuses on resources at the Toronto Reference Library.
Searching the Library Catalogue
Suggested Subjects and Keywords:
- Huguenot ancestry.
- Huguenot exiles from Europe in England 1618-1688 (Microfiche)
- Huguenot exiles from France in the reign of Louis XIV (Microfiche)
- Huguenot genealogies; a revised selected preliminary list 2001
- Huguenot pedigrees.
- Huguenot refugees in Colonial New York: becoming American in the Hudson Valley.
- Huguenot refugees in the settling of colonial America.
- Huguenot research sources.
- Huguenot surname index, Quarto series, Vols 1-40. (Microfiche)
- Huguenot surname index, Quarto series, Vols 41-59. (Microfiche)
- The Huguenots: France, exile and diaspora.
- The Huguenots: their settlements, churches, and industries in England and Ireland. With an appendix relating to the Huguenots in America
- Immigrant Histories Huguenot settlers in North America and Europe, 1600s-1900s. (CD-ROM)
- Lists of foreign Protestants, and aliens, resident in England 1618-1688. From returns in the State paper office.
- Huguenot Society new series.
- Huguenot trails / Huguenot Society of Ontario
- Proceedings of the Huguenot Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Proceedings of the Huguenot Society of London.
- The publications of the Huguenot Society of London.
- Quarto series / Huguenot society of London
- Reference guide to Huguenot trails & index of family names and names of publications : appearing in Huguenot trails, the official publication of the Huguenot Society of Canada, from 1968 to 2003
For further assistance contact:
Humanities and Social Sciences Department, Toronto Reference Library 416-393-7175