Join author John McKenty for a lively discussion tracing the history of CCM from its formation in 1899 until its eventual demise in 1983.
North York Central Library, Auditorium
5120 Yonge Street, Toronto
Wednesday March 21, 2012, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Co-sponsored by the North York Historical Society and the North York Central Library Canadiana Department. Free admission, all are welcome!
In addition to John McKenty's book, Canadiana owns these titles on the history of CCM:
CCM introduced the first Russell automobile,the Model A, in 1905. Sturdy, powerful and
handsome, it met with instant success.
- Vintage CCM
- The story of CCM: Weston plant created much more than bikes and skates (From: Toronto Star, July 24, 2011)
- The history of CCM Photo Gallery (From: Toronto Star, July 24, 2011)
The Canadiana Department holds a reference collection of Canadian genealogy, Ontario local history, North York history, and materials related to Canada. The Department also houses collections from these genealogical societies:
- Ontario Genealogical Society
- Jewish Genealogical Society (Toronto Branch)
- Canadian Society of Mayflower Descendants
- York Pioneer and Historical Society
- Société franco-ontarienne d'histoire et de généalogie