Start Your Own Pleasure Craft/Yachting Business
(Taken from Yachting, Gallery Maritimo 50SC)
If you are gazing at this picture, the thought of operating your own yachting business is perhaps something you have considered in the past. What is stopping you from setting up your own yachting business?
The whole point about starting your own yachting business is not that you will be chasing the almighty dollar; but, that you might enjoy the life that you have always wanted.
Your business could be either transporting or storing the pleasure craft, be it a sailboat, yacht or powerboat.
If the pleasure craft (boat) is being purchased outside of Canada, Transport Canada has a set of guidelines on Buying a Pleasure Craft from Another Country.
Personnel Training, Examination and Certification
Browse through the links below to learn more about:
- Marine courses, training and schools for seafarers: Transport Canada develops and enforces regulations related to training, testing and certifying marine personnel, including seafarers, ship security officers and pleasure craft operators, to ensure the safe operation of all marine vessels in Canada.
- Canadian Yachting Association is Canada's principal pleasure boating organization, offering training programs and assistance with regattas, finding or starting clubs, news and much more.
- A Canadian Yachting Association Certified Pleasure Craft Operator Card Instructor has the best training to teach you all you will need to know about how to pass Transport Canada's test.
For books, consult our catalogue using following subject headings.
- Marine engineering--Vocational guidance.
- Marine engineers--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Marine engines--Maintenance and repair--Vocational guidance--Ontario.
- Mechanics (Persons)--Training of--Ontario.
Periodicals on yachting are kept at the Toronto Reference Library, Humanities and Social Sciences Department, 2nd floor.
- Yachting Become a member of the magazines blog.
- Canadian Yachting