Ever wonder what you can eat when you have kidney problems? While there is no standard 'kidney diet', the dietitians at the Kidney Foundation of Canada have lots of helpful suggestions. They can help you plan your meals, track your daily intake, provide mouthwatering dietitian approved recipes and answer your kidney related health questions.
Here are some sample fact sheets you can browse...
- What To Do When You Don’t Feel Like Eating (PDF)
- Easy Meals to Make (PDF)
- Kidney Friendly Eating on a Budget (PDF)
- Food Safety for Kidney Patients (PDF)
- Modifying Recipes to be Kidney Friendly (PDF)
- Kidney Friendly Ingredient and Recipe Substitutions (PDF)
- Eating Out on a Kidney Diet (PDF)
- Navigating the Food Bank for the Kidney Diet (PDF)
For more information on kidney disorders check out our earlier blog or peruse one of TPL's books on the subject.