Travel and Your Health
Do you have wanderlust on the brain this summer? Then this post if for you!
Perhaps for some of us, traveling is a break, a vacation, from our otherwise healthy and wellness-focused lifestyle. We indulge in a few adult beverages, we forget about our healthy eating habits and we don't even pack our running shoes!
There ARE ways to incorporate health and wellness into your travel plans and I am here to show you how. First and foremost, the travel part:
- Pack things that will keep you relaxed in transit
- I like to incorporate a lot of stretching on long trips, especially if flying to avoid deep-vein thrombosis
- Give yourself lots of time to get to where you are going, nothing peaks anxiety like thinking you'll miss your flight, train, shuttle
- Always carry a travel wrap (scarf, shall, sweater, poncho) and a hat for comfort
Once you're there, boost your health with one or two of the following:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
- Walking is your secret weapon
- Take the stairs
- Get out and explore
- Limit your indulging to one treat per day
In terms of your wellness, enjoy the break from reality:
- Meditate (if that's your thing)
- Get lots of sleep
- Read for pleasure (said the librarian)
- Pack the remedies to ailments
- Try aromatherapy
Looking for wanderlust destinations? TPL has a ton of amazing travel guidebooks and adventure travel resources. For those ambitious travelers who want to learn the basics of the language you're exploring, try Mango Languages. If you want more travel and health information, check out these resources...