Healthy teeth...healthy body
Did you know that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Yes, oral health is not only important to your appearance but your overall health.
We all know about cavities and toothache and are likely to see a dentist. But what about gum disease? Many people ignore gum disease or periodontal disease until it's quite advanced.
Yet gum disease is linked to a number of diseases including:
- Respiratory Illness
- Pre-term, low birth weight babies
- Cardiovascular Disease
So how do I minimize my risks and maintain good oral health? Here are some tips:
- Brush AND floss your teeth daily
- See a dental professional regularly
- Eat a healthy diet
- Do not smoke
- Pay particular attention to oral health during pregnancy
- Brush your children's teeth until they can write their name
For more information check out the following sites or put a hold on one our books....