Over 1,000 of you have used and tested the library’s new account since last fall. We’ve received hundreds of comments. Thank you to everyone who responded to using the beta and provided feedback.
There was pretty much a 50/50 split on the design: some really loved it, while others thought there was too much space being taken up by too little.
There was unanimous support for being able to see your library card expiry date and the hours of your hold pickup branch, as well as the improved clarity around dates and other information.
We have used your feedback to make a few changes to the account and today we launched those revisions on the Beta and have opened up the beta to anyone who wishes to try it.
We look forward to more feedback from you and others as we prepare to launch the new account.
Highlights of the changes include:
- less space between items (so you can see more on a screen!)
- more prominent key information (e.g. Due Date)
- messages about your account’s current status when it’s approaching being blocked
- dealing with slowness when you have a lot (A LOT) of items on hold or checked out
- the search box appears on the top
- heavier typeface that is easier to read
And many other minor tweaks and fixes.