Another year has come and gone. Can you remember the major business stories of 2014?
Philip Jackman's Year in Review Quiz 2014 (PDF) published in The Globe and Mail on Thursday, January 1st, 2015 included business highlights such as:
1. In its biggest acquisition so far, Facebook announced it was paying $19 billion (U.S) for which company?
2. Which famous advertising mascot received a makeover, making him slimmer and more dynamic?
3. The Canada Revenue Agency's website was taken offline for nearly a week in response to an Internet security bug. Name it.
4. Who contributed $3 billion to Burger King's takeover of Tim Hortons?
5. Google executive Alan Eustace made headlines by doing what?
To test your knowledge about other 2014 news stories, visit the complete Year in Review Quiz 2014 (PDF).
For additional information about some of the persons or companies mentioned in the 2014 Business News Mini Quiz, check out the following titles at the Toronto Public Library:
|The Facebook Effect||How Google Works||Essays of Warren Buffett|
If you would like to take an indepth test of your 2014 business news knowledge, try The Star's 2014 Year-End Business Quiz. It consists of 50 questions!
Happy New Year to All
Answers to the 2014 Business News Mini Quiz:
2. The Maytag Repairman
4. Warren Buffett
5. Skydiving from the edge of space