2012 National Business Book Award Finalists
The National Business Book Award is an annual award given to the author of a pre-eminent business-related book published in Canada.
The award has come to be "recognized as one of Canada's most prestigious literary awards. It continues to gain attention from not only the Canadian business world, but also publishers, authors, journalists, academics, economists, politicians and business leaders around the world."
The $20,000 award is presented to the author of the most outstanding Canadian business-related book published in 2011.
The finalists for the 2012 National Business Book Award were recently announced on April 26, 2012. The three finalists are:
|Print Format||Print Format||Print Format|
|eBook Format||eBook Format||eBook Format|
All three books are available in Print and eBook formats at the Toronto Public Library. To access online in eBook format, an active Toronto Public Library card is required.
The five key criteria used in evaluating eligible nominations is provided at the National Business Book Award web site.
Jury members consist of prominent individuals from the business and academic sectors. This year's jury members are:
- Roger Martin, NBBA Jury Chair and Dean of the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Jane Cooney, Founder Books for Business
- William A. Dimma, Chairman Emeritus, Home Capital Group Inc.
- Peter Mansbridge, Chief Correspondent of CBC Television News
- Deirdre McMurdy, Adjudicator; and
- The Hon. Pamela Wallin, Senator.
Congratulations to the three finalists!
The winner of the National Business Book Award will be announced on May 28, 2012.