There is so much talk about social media these days, but don't forget: the traditional media (television, radio, newspapers) is still out there. Do you want to get the media's attention? One way is to write a press release.
But how do you go about it?
Canada One has a great tool that will help you through the process: Press Release Builder. This tool takes you through the steps involved, including:
- Identifying when to use the press release
- Rules for writing press releases
- Preparing your information
- On-line news release template
- Distribution of your release.
The Toronto Public Library also has some books on the subject. Click on the titles below the book covers for more information on each:
|6 Steps to Free Publicity
||Public Relations Made Easy
||Publicity, Newsletters and Press Reseases