Agincourt Branch FAQ: How do I Print!?!
One of the most frequently asked questions we get here at Agincourt Branch is how to print a document from one of our free public access computers. It may seem a bit complicated at first, but once you know what you are doing it is extremely fast and easy. Here are a few tips to get you started in printing success.
Print stations at Agincourt Branch are located on the first floor beside the adult paperbacks, and on the second floor beside the express computers. They also function as photocopiers.
You will need to add money value to your library card, or purchase a copy card to print. Our copier/printers do not take coins. Print outs are 15 cents per page. See staff at the Customer Service Desk on the lower level to add money value to your card.
- You will be asked to provide a User ID and PIN when you print.
- USER ID: 4-8 letters or numbers. You can use your first name, computer number etc. DO NOT USE YOUR LIBRARY CARD NUMBER.
- PIN: 4-8 NUMBERS ONLY. For example: 1234
- Tip: If you are printing multiple documents, use the same pin for each one and print them all together.
- Make sure the print station is set to “Printer”.
- Touch “Print Jobs” on the menu screen. Find your User ID and highlight your print job. Insert your card into the card reader. Use the key pad to type in your pin number, then touch “print” on the screen, and “yes” to confirm. Your print job will be released. Remember to remove your card when you are finished printing.
- Tip: Always highlight your print job first, then insert your card into the reader to avoid printing unwanted documents.
- Tip: Sometimes you will be asked for paper size, select the correct size and resume printing.
- If you run into problems ask staff for assistance!
And that, in a nutshell, is how you print from our multi-function print stations at Agincourt Branch.