The 2013 Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians (AEBC) Conference will take place from Friday, April 26th to Sunday, April 28th at the Cambridge Suites Hotel, downtown Toronto.
On Friday, from 10am - 4pm, displays from various vendors, organizations, social groups and service providers will be set up for the public and members. Several presentations and workshops are also scheduled.
This FREE public event will appeal to a wide range of individuals:
- People and families affected by vision loss
- Consumers looking for information about service providers, products and services in the area of vision loss
- Organizations working to remove access barriers to employees or customers with vision loss
- Teachers, students and parents looking for adaptive solutions in the education setting
- Anyone who is interested in the areas of access, inclusion, blindness, independent living, or caregiving
Nineteen exhibitors will be displaying their products and services, and there will be eight scheduled breakout presentations during the day.
Technologies on display include:
- Screen magnification software
- Screen readers
- Electronic video magnifiers (CCTVs)
- Portable magnifiers
- Text scanning solutions
- DAISY digital book readers
- Braille and talking notetakers
- Refreshable Braille displays
- Braille embossers
- Portable GPS
- Talking cell phone solutions
- Daily living aids and more!
Of course, Toronto Public Library will have an information table at Friday's event.
What a fabulous opportunity to see so many products, service clubs and agencies in the same place at the same time!
Friday April 26th, 2013
10am to 4:00pm
Cambridge Suites Hotel
15 Richmond Street East, Toronto
Don't miss it!