Library cards expire once a year and must be renewed by visiting a branch in person to show identification. We know this can be inconvenient, so we’re introducing a new way to get advance warning when your expiry date is approaching.
If you’re signed up for email notification, you will now receive a reminder message 30 days before your card expires.
Here’s how to make sure you’ll receive your reminder:
- Sign in to the Notification Settings section of your account.
- Make sure you have selected Email as your preferred notification method.
- Make sure your email address is correct.
For those who prefer telephone notification, we will be introducing expiry reminders by telephone before the end of this year.
About library card expiry
Toronto Public Library cards expire annually so we can:
- Ensure that your contact information is current
- Confirm that you are still eligible for a library card
- Collect payment for any outstanding fines on the account
When your card has expired, you can’t borrow or renew items, place holds, or access ebooks and other digital content.